Welcome to the Queen Anne’s County Board of Education!
The members of the Board of Education of Queen Anne’s County are publicly elected. Policies set by the Board are administered by the Superintendent of Schools, who serves as the Executive Officer of the Board. Board Members attend all public sessions of the Board. Special sessions are held as needed.
To contact a board member, please write to:
Queen Anne’s County Board of Education
202 Chesterfield Avenue
Centreville, Maryland 21617
Email addresses for each Board Member are also provided below.
2022 – 2024
Board Vice President
Member at Large
2018 – 2022
Seat Term: 2018 – 2022
Ms. Bent: 2021 – 2022
2020 – 2024
2020 – 2024
Superintendent & Leadership
Dr. Patricia Saelens
Dr. Marcia Sprankle
Sid Pinder, Jr.
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Dr. Michael Noel
Director of Human Resources
Dr. Matthew Kibler
Director of Accountability & Implementation
KIHS – Mehki Johnson
QACHS – Samuel “Austin” Tuel
The School Board Agenda is created by the Superintendent and approved by the Board President. Individuals may request a specific topic be added to the formal agenda. Requests should be made to the Superintendent of Schools (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least two weeks prior to the scheduled meeting.
Citizens may attend meetings in person or view a live stream. Live streams are available on the QACTV Facebook page, qac.org/live, and ABB Cable Channel 7. Recordings of past meetings are also available on the QACPS YouTube channel.
- Closed Sessions start at 4:30 PM
- Board of Education Meetings start at 6:00 PM
- Work Sessions start at 5:00 PM and go live at 6:00 PM
- All dates and times are subject to change; please check the website or call QACPS (410-758-2403) to confirm.
- Meetings take place at the QACPS Board of Education Building (202 Chesterfield Ave., Centreville, MD 21617)
August 11, 2022 – 10:00AM Closed Session
Queen Anne’s County citizens are encouraged to attend Board meetings and may address the Board at the beginning of each meeting during the “Open Forum.”
If you are unable to attend the monthly board meeting in person, please submit your statement to email@example.com. Please keep in mind all comments must be under three minutes in length and follow the guidelines established by the QAC BOE.
Guidelines for speaking during regular monthly Board meetings:
- Speakers should sign the roster including their telephone number and address.
- Comments should be limited to three minutes in length. Comments longer than three minutes should be submitted in writing.
- Questions or statements to the Board should relate to a matter of general policy over which the Board has authority.
- Comments about actions or statements of individual staff members are not appropriate for Public Comment and should be referred to the Superintendent of Schools or Board President.
If you have a specific question, the Board will make sure an appropriate staff member responds to your question. The Board respects your desire and right to convey your message freely but asks as a courtesy to this Board and our citizens to show respect for all.
Monthly Meeting Newsletter
Recap Newsletter of Past Board Meetings
QACPS posts all Board meeting agendas, supplementary documents, and meeting minutes on BoardDocs.
The purpose of the Appeals Guide is to provide the rules of procedure for all appeals to the Board of Education of Queen Anne’s County.
Ethics & Policy Panel
The Queen Anne’s County Board of Education has adopted regulations for the purpose of defining and prohibiting certain conflicts; defining gifts and requiring financial disclosure; regulating and requiring reporting of certain lobbying activities, and creating a Queen Anne’s County School System Ethics Panel.
Contact the Ethics Panel
c/o QACPS Office of Public Information
202 Chesterfield Ave.
Centreville, MD 21617
Contact: Kari Denis | 410-758-2403 Ext. 126 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ethics Panel Members
The budget cycle for QACPS takes place over several months. Budget meetings are open to the public. Additional information is available in BoardDocs.