What are students doing when they are in the Computer Lab?Kindergarten:
1) JR practice - typing games2) TUX Paint - practice mouse control, painting
3) Nina goes to the Community - (found under Tech Lessons in their Novell applications)
-click and drag with the mouse
-Learning to group items according to the part of community in which they belong (i.e. farm, House, zoo, etc…)
1st Grade:1) Story Plant - (can be found in their Novell Applications under Tech Lessons)
-Learn who, what, where, when, why, how
-created their own story completing the above items
2) "Trees are Terrific” - Learn about the different parts of a tree and label
2nd Grade:1) Continents - Learn about the different continents of the world; do puzzles labeling different countries in each continent
2) Rainbow BCR - learn about rainbows, light and darkness: and how water plays a roll. Learn how to read and research, write the information down
3) just began to work on more keyboarding skills/ hand placement games
3rd Grade:1) Symbols of Pride - research flags of the world; design their own flags
2) key boarding skills/ hand placement and typing games
3) Branches of Government - We researched the 3 branches of government and learned
of each of their responsibilities.
4th Grade:1) Maryland Webquest: Research the counties of Maryland, history of Maryland, points of interest
2) Multiplication Practice
3) Parts of Speech/Grammar Blast - grammar games and quizzes
4) Note taking skills on research - teaching the students different search engines, such as
SIRUS and how to research different topics in conjunction with a word document with their notes.
5th Grade:1) They worked in partners and completed a project on Natural Disasters. They had to
research with an online worksheet and made a brochure of the information they gathered.
2)They are now beginning on note-taking on online information with a worksheet.
(The topic is Woolley Mammoths) After they have completed their notes, there is
a quiz to see if they gathered the correct information.