Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with a concentration in English from Susquehanna University Masters of Arts in Education with a concentration in the Diverse Classroom from Gratz College
Welcome to First Grade in Mrs. Forte's Class!
I am excited to join CES family and community for my 13th year of teaching! I taught kindergarten for last nine years at Church Hill Elementary School and three years before that in New Jersey. This year, I am happy to gradudate to first grade just like my students!
I live in Queen Anne's County with my boys! Mr. Forte and I have two sons, Ryland and Jax, and a chocolate lab named Bruce "The Moose" Forte. Yes, he is big!
This summer, I spent time teaching and traveling in China as the representative for QACPS. I slid down the Great Wall of China, made dumplings in a Kung Fu household, helped stretch silk, painted Chinese characters, made lots of Chinese teacher friends, and so much more! My family and I also went to the Outer Banks for a large family reunion. It is my favorite place to go!
I grew up mostly in New Jersey. I have my Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with a concetration in English from Susquehanna University and my Masters of Arts in Education with a concentration in the Diverse Classroom from Gratz College.
I am looking forward to a fun and memorable year of learning, growing, and working as busy bees together!
Our Daily Class Schedule:
8:35-9:00 Arrival/ Homeroom
9:00-11:00 Reading & Language Arts
11:00-12:00 Social Studies & Science
Thursday: Computer Lab
Some of Mrs. Forte's Favorites:
*Spending time with my Family bike riding, swimming, camping, traveling, reading & dance parties)
*Drawing & Painting
*Being Outside (hiking, the beach, kayaking, paddle boarding, etc.)
*Chai Tea, Hot Chocolate, Green Tea
*Sweets like Dark Chocolate
CES First Grade Super Smartie Pants Fun
(Practice, Learn & Grow Together)
Play a Board Game
- Number Patterns and Quantity
- How many more spaces do you need to win?
- How many more spaces are you ahead/behind of ___?
- Read a dice without counting the dots (subitize)
Word Family Work (at, ip, et, ob, un)
- Write words in chalk on the sidewalk
- Write in sand, rice, or shaving cream
- Create in playdough or Macaroni
- Letter Tiles
Grocery Store List
- Read or Write the Grocery List
- Compare Prices
- Weigh Items
Learn Value of money
- Count & Sort Coins by 1’s, 5’s, and 10’s
- Practice Math Facts (0 facts, 1 facts, etc. doubles (4+4), sums of ten, doubles plus 1
- Compare Items (Do you see more signs or stoplights? How many more?)
- What shapes do you see around you? Are they plane (flat) shapes or 3-d?
- Read Road Signs. Think of another name for a store or building you see.
- What would you name your own building or street?
- Tell what character you would like to be/why?
- How could you change the story ending?
- What is the next adventure the character could take?