Hello ! Welcome!
The ESOL Program of Queen Anne’s County Public Schools provides English language acquisition instruction to qualifying non-English speaking students enrolled in the county’s schools. Fifteen languages are represented in the ESOL Program: Spanish, Urdu, Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, Punjabi, Tagalog, Swedish, Japanese, Indonesian, Arabic, French, German, Hindi and Korean. 88% of the county’s English Learners (EL) speaks Spanish. There are 19 different countries, including the United States, represented by the ELL.
Professional development is available through the ESOL Office. Topics include:
- accommodating EL in instruction and assessment
- stages of language acquisition
- differentiating content area instruction for ELL
- culturally responsive teaching
- second language acquisition and special education
- WIDA Standards and Can Do Descriptors
- SIOP – Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol
Interpretive and translation services are available upon request by calling or emailing the ESOL Office.
For more information about the ESOL Program, please contact:
Susan Davis-Walbert, ESOL Program Directorsusan.email@example.com
Queen Anne’s County Board of Education
202 Chesterfield Avenue
Centreville, MD 21617
(410) 758-2403, x197
(410) 758-8204 (fax)