In December, 2014 as part of our PBIS program at Matapeake Middle School we began using "Sand Dollars" as an incentive program for students. Students are able to accumulate "Sand Dollars" to use for classroom or school rewards as well as a way to earn attendance into larger PBIS school events.
- The Sand Dollar Incentive Program is a component of the MMS PBIS Program to promote positive behavior in students.
- Each green Sand Dollar is worth $1.
- Sand Dollars will be given out by every staff member in the building for positive behaviors such as: any positive behavior, volunteering to help another student or staff member, good attendance, being punctual to class, being prepared for class, good or improving grades, being helpful to others, intervening as a by-stander when someone is being picked on.
- Once a Sand Dollar is given to a student please have the student sign their name on the back to avoid students giving their Sand Dollars to others. The student’s signature on the Sand Dollar validates entrance to an event.
- Administration will give a blue Sand Dollar worth $5 when students are presented with a positive referral.
- Surveys will frequently be sent to students to monitor the number of Sand Dollars they are receiving which will help establish the entry fee to planned quarterly PBIS Sand Dollar Events.
- Dates are set for 2017-18 PBIS SAnd Dollar Events.
- PBIS will have periodic raffles in which students can purchase tickets to try to win items that we purchase with PBIS $ or through donations.
- Students are able to purchase items in the school store using Sand Dollars. Students will be able to access the school store during designated lunch shifts.