School Messenger is a notification system that provides timely communication to parents on matters such as attendance, weather related closures, and school or district-wide emergencies.
The School Messenger App provides additional levels of communications between home and school. It stores messages from the school system, and allows parents to customize how they receive alerts, such as general announcements or school closing information. The advantage of creating an account within the School Messenger App is to have the ability to update the way you receive the notifications via phone, email and text messaging. Creating an account allows you to personalize how you receive the notifications and it centralizes communications in a single, unified box.
The free SchoolMessenger mobile app can be downloaded for Apple iOS and Android devices from http://go.schoolmessenger.com. A web app version is also available for those who prefer using a web browser. Once you have created an account, you can update your contact information and configure how you would like to receive notifications. You must create an account if you wish to update your preferences on receiving notifications.
How do I sign up?
- Go to http://go.schoolmessenger.com or download the free mobile School Messenger App.
- Enter your email address and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token.
- After authenticating via your email, return to http://go.schoolmessenger.com and sign in using your email and password.
How do I update my contact information once I have an account?
- In the upper right hand corner, click the drop down with your name and select Preferences.
- Your contact information will appear and you will simply click under my message preferences to select if you would like a call or email and which phone and email to use.
- If you wish to add a phone number or email address, you must call the Accountability Office at 410-758-2403 ext. 137 or email email@example.com