Fluency Building Activites
- Practice pocket words (sight words) in the car.
- Read for 10 minutes each night.
Ten-Step Read-Aloud Planning Sequence
- Select a book that is age appropriate. (small group readers are great for this)
- Discuss the book title and the book cover; stimulate thinking about story possibilities- who? what? why? where? when?
- Make some story predictions.
- During the reading, share pictures and illustrations.
- Read with enthusiasm- bring the story "to life."
- After reading, discuss predictions and what actually happened. (Pieronek, 2001)