From the Desk of the Teacher Specialist
At Grasonville we attribute our success to many things and our parents are at the top of that list, so as you anticipate getting your child ready for the new school year please keep the following in mind;
- Have your child arrive at school on time so that they are not rushed.
- Make sure they get a good night’s rest each night.
- Be sure that they eat a good breakfast each morning.
- Make sure that your child has had enough to drink. Research has shown that dehydration causes lethargy, induces stress, and a loss of attentiveness.
- Review all of the information. Review the material sent by the school as soon as it arrives.
- Mark your calendar. Make a note of important dates, especially back-to-school nights. This is especially important if you have children in more than one school.
- Designate and clear a place to do homework. Students at Grasonville Elementary will have a nightly homework assignment for Reading. This assignment is an essential part of our Reading program.