Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with a concentration in English from Susquehanna University Masters of Arts in Education with a concentration in the Diverse Classroom from Gratz College
Welcome to First Grade in Mrs. Forte's Class!
I love the CES family, community, and am excited to begin my 14th year of teaching! I taught kindergarten for nine years at Church Hill Elementary School and three years before that in New Jersey. Last year, I fell in love with first grade at CES and am happy to return to first grade again this year.
I live in Queen Anne's County. Mr. Forte and I have two sons (Ryland and Jax), a new baby girl (Brielle), and a chocolate lab named Bruce "The Moose" Forte. Yes, he is big!
This summer, we welcomed our third child and first daughter at the end of June. Besides lots of baby snuggles, we visited Diggerland, went camping, and went to the Outer Banks (my favorite place!) and Williamsburg V.A.
I grew up mostly in New Jersey. I have my Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with a concetration in English from Susquehanna University and my Masters of Arts in Education with a concentration in the Diverse Classroom from Gratz College.
I am looking forward to a fun and memorable year of learning, growing, and working as busy bees together!
Mrs. Forte's First Grade Class Supply List 2018-19
4 boxes of crayons (24 count, no larger size please)
4 Black Dry Erase Markers
8 small glue sticks
1 pair of children’s scissors (labeled with name)
1 box of 24 count pre-sharpened yellow pencils
Our Daily Class Schedule:
8:35-9:00 Arrival/ Homeroom
1:30-2:45 RELA continued
2:45-End Science & Social Studies
3:25-4:00 Dismissal/End of Day
A Day: Physical Education
B Day: Music
C Day: Art
D Day: Media
E Day: Computer Lab
Some of Mrs. Forte's Favorites:
*Spending time with my Family bike riding, swimming, camping, traveling, reading & dance parties)
*Drawing & Painting
*Being Outside (hiking, the beach, kayaking, paddle boarding, etc.)
*Chai Tea, Hot Chocolate, Green Tea
*Sweets like Dark Chocolate
CES First Grade Super Smartie Pants Fun
(Practice, Learn & Grow Together)
Play a Board Game
- Number Patterns and Quantity
- How many more spaces do you need to win?
- How many more spaces are you ahead/behind of ___?
- Read a dice without counting the dots (subitize)
Word Family Work (at, ip, et, ob, un)
- Write words in chalk on the sidewalk
- Write in sand, rice, or shaving cream
- Create in playdough or Macaroni
- Letter Tiles
Grocery Store List
- Read or Write the Grocery List
- Compare Prices
- Weigh Items
Learn Value of money
- Count & Sort Coins by 1’s, 5’s, and 10’s
- Practice Math Facts (0 facts, 1 facts, etc. doubles (4+4), sums of ten, doubles plus 1
- Compare Items (Do you see more signs or stoplights? How many more?)
- What shapes do you see around you? Are they plane (flat) shapes or 3-d?
- Read Road Signs. Think of another name for a store or building you see.
- What would you name your own building or street?
- Tell what character you would like to be/why?
- How could you change the story ending?
- What is the next adventure the character could take?