Schoology Parent FAQ'S
⇒ How do I sign up/get a parent access code for my child?
In order to sign up for an account, you'll need a Parent Access Code provided by one of your child's instructors. Parent Access Codes are 12 digit codes in this format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.
Once you have the access code, follow the directions to Sign Up for a Parent Account.
⇒ How do I add another child?
If you have more than one child using Schoology, you can associate your existing account with their account.Note: If one or all of your children use the Enterprise version of Schoology, reach out to their school for assistance: Click the Support link at the bottom of Schoology to contact your school’s Support Contact/Admin.
If you use the Basic version of Schoology, use the following steps to add a child:
- Click on the down-facing arrow on the top-right corner of the Schoology account.
- Select +Add Child and enter the Parent Access Code that your child's teacher gave you.
⇒ Why can't I see my child’s grades?
- Contact your child's Instructor and confirm he or she has set grades to Published.
- Contact your child’s Instructor to confirm he or she has made overall grades visible.
⇒ How do I unsubscribe from Schoology emails?
- Turn off your Personal Account Notifications by clicking your name in the top right corner and selecting Settings from the drop-down menu. In the Settings area, click into the Notifications tab.
- Turn off Daily/Weekly Parent Email Digests by first navigating to your child activity view (Start by clicking on the arrow in the upper-right corner, next to your name, and then select your child’s name to switch into his or her account. The checkmark in this drop-down menu indicates which account you are currently viewing), clicking your child's name in the top right corner and selecting Settings from the drop-down menu. In the Settings area, click into the Notifications tab.
⇒ How do I delete my account?
If you are using the Basic version of Schoology and your child has graduated or changed schools, you'll need to delete your account and create a new one for the new school.
- To delete your account: Navigate to https://app.schoology.com/settings/account/action?delete while logged into the account you'd like to delete.
- If you reach this page and don't see the option to delete, that means that your school's permissions are set to only enable Support Contacts to delete user accounts. You can reach a to your child's school for assistance with this.