- What if my Student tests positive for Covid???
For Students with a positive COVID-19 test, the following guidelines apply:
- Student must stay home for 5 days of isolation
Day 1 is the first full day of symptoms or if no symptoms Day 1 is the day of the test
- Days 6-10 are encouraged to wear a mask for all activities outside of the home.
Schools are not requiring quarantining for those exposed to a person with COVID-19. It is advised to monitor for symptoms and test if symptoms start.
Remember the 24 hour Rule!!
- FEVER: Keep your child home until he/she has been free of fever WITHOUT needing medicine for at least 24 hrs. Returning to school too soon may slow recovery and can make others sick. IF your child has been sent home with a fever, they are not able to return the following day as they would not be fever free for 24 hours.
- VOMITING AND/OR DIARRHEA: They must be free from diarrhea and/or vomiting for 24 hours without the use of medication. They should also be able to eat and keep food down without problem before their return.
- ANTIBIOTICS: Keep your child home until 24 hours after the FIRST dose of antibiotics for anything like strep throat, pneumonia, and pink eye or until your health care provider writes your child may return to school.
Please remind your child to cough or sneeze into their elbow. If they cough or sneeze in their hand, have them wash or use hand sanitizer to prevent the spread of germs.