About QACPS Library Media
QACPS Library Media is committed to students becoming independent lifelong readers and learners. We support diverse learners to thrive as global citizens through the strategic use of quality resources and informational technology tools. Our School Library Media Program:
- Reinforces the value of literacy and lifelong learning
- Provides access to information in a variety of formats
- Fosters and promotes critical and effective use of information and research
- Supports and enhances curriculum instruction through resources and collaboration
- Discovers a wide range of books, stories, and other texts to encourage a love of reading
- Empowers students in their academic and personal pursuits
Elementary students visit the Library Media Center at least once a week for instruction and book check out. Middle and High School students have access to the Library Media Center through their classes and at other times during the school day. Students and families can access many library media resources online using Follett Destiny at any time.
Online Access to Media Centers
QACPS has chosen Follett Destiny Library Manager to manage our library resources and help make our schools more efficient and effective at supporting active student learning, especially remotely. Follett Destiny Library Manager provides students and teachers with convenient single sign-on access to multiple resources from anywhere in the school district and from home on any web-connected device, including tablets and smartphones.
SOAR Through the QACPS Public Library
The SOAR card provides Queen Anne’s County Public School Students with free online access to the public library’s databases and additional eBooks, Audiobooks, and so much more!
Gale Public Library Databases
Other Media Resources
Mr. Michael Bell, Supervisor of Instruction
(410) 758-2403, Ext. 138
202 Chesterfield Avenue
Centreville, MD 21617