This Biology course is designed to expose students to life science topics in the context of real world situations. Students will complete activities, labs, and simulations that will aid in their understanding of topics in various areas of biological science including Ecology, Cell Biology, Genetics, and Evolution.
- Ecology: Living on Earth
- Cell Biology: World Health
- Genetics: Feeding the World
- Evolution and Natural Selection: Maintaining Diversity
Chemistry is a comprehensive course that covers introductory information about the composition and structure of the physical world. The goals of chemistry are to
- instill in the student a curiosity about matter and its interactions,
- to initiate a lifetime of using an organized, evidence based problem solving approach, and
- to recognize the significance of chemistry to the understanding of all other sciences and its applications to everyday lives and real world situations.
The chemistry curriculum is designed to develop the students reasoning and analytical skills. Experimental investigations are designed, analyzed, interpreted, applied, and communicated throughout the course.
Phone: Phone: 410-758-0500 Ext: 201
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. Environmental Science Washington College M.A.T Special Education Goucher College
Mrs. Nielly Alderman
Queen Anne's County High School
Special Education Teacher