Board Meeting Information
UPCOMING MEETINGS:January 2021 MeetingsJanuary 13, 2021 - Budget Work Session. Meeting begins at 5:00 pm
This meeting will be broadcast live at qac.org/live and QACTV's Facebook and YouTube pagesJanuary 20, 2021 Board Work Session. Meeting begins at 5:00 pm
This meeting will be broadcast live at qac.org/live and QACTV's Facebook and YouTube pages
- January 20, 2021, Board Work Session (tentative)
- February 3, 2021, Board Meeting
- February 10, 2021, Board Work Session (tentative)
- February 17, 2021, Budget Work Session (tentative)
- February 24, 2021, Board Work Session (tentative)
(Note: Location, QACPS Board of Education Building, 202 Chesterfield Ave., Centreville, MD 21617)
Closed Sessions start at 4:30 pm -- Board of Education Meetings start at 6:00 pm.
Work Sessions start at 5:00 pm, and go live at 6:00 pm
Dates and Times are subject to change – check the website (www.qacps.org)
or call QACPS (410-758-2403) to confirm.
Board Meeting Schedules
BoardDocs contains all meeting information (agendas, minutes, presentations, etc.)In the year 2008, the members of the Board of Education of Queen Anne's County were publicly elected and took office in December. Special sessions are held as needed. Queen Anne’s County citizens are encouraged to attend Board meetings and may address the Board at the beginning of each meeting during the “Open Forum.” Individuals may also request that specific times be designated on the formal agenda to address the Board on a special topic. These requests should be made to the Superintendent of Schools at least two weeks prior to the scheduled meeting.
The Board of Education meets the first Wednesday of each month. The public meeting begins at 6:00 pm and includes system recognitions.
Prior to each meeting the Board of Education members meet in closed executive session beginning at 4:30 PM.
Guidelines for speaking during regular monthly board meetings:
We ask all speakers to keep in mind the following guidelines:
· Speakers should sign the roster including their telephone number and address.
· Comments should be limited to 3 minutes in length. Comments longer than 3 minutes should be submitted in writing.
· Questions or statements to the Board should relate to a matter of general policy over which the Board has authority.
· Comments about actions or statements of individual staff members are not appropriate for Public Comment and should be referred to the Superintendent of Schools or Board President.
If you have a specific question, the Board will make sure an appropriate staff member responds to your question. The Board respects your desire and right to convey your message freely but asks as a courtesy to this Board and our citizens to show respect for all.