Board Meeting Information
Next Meeting:Upcoming Meetings;
January 2020 Meetings:
Regular Monthly Board Meeting - January 8th, 2020
4:30 pm (closed session), 6:00pm (open meeting)
January 14, 2020 -- School Board Exec Closed -- 5:00 PM -- 8:00 PMSchool Board Budget Work Session - January 15, 2020
5:00 PM - 8:00 PMJanuary 22, 2020 -- School Board Budget Work Session -- 2 Hour Budget //
1 Hour Exec Closed -- 5:00 PM -- 8:00 PM
January 29, 2020 -- School Board Budget Work Session -- CanceledFebruary 2020 Meetings
February 05, 2020 -- School Board Meeting
4:30 PM (closed session), 6:00 PM (open meeting)
(Note: Location, QACPS Board of Education Building, 202 Chesterfield Ave., Centreville, MD 21617)
Closed Session start at 4:30 pm -- Board of Education Meetings start at 6:00 pm -- Work Sessions start at 11:00 am
Dates and Times are subject to change – check the website (www.qacps.org) or call QACPS (410-758-2403) to confirm.
Board Meeting Schedules
BoardDocs contains all meeting information (agendas, minutes, presentations, etc.)In the year 2008, the members of the Board of Education of Queen Anne's County were publicly elected and took office in December. Special sessions are held as needed. Queen Anne’s County citizens are encouraged to attend Board meetings and may address the Board at the beginning of each meeting during the “Open Forum.” Individuals may also request that specific times be designated on the formal agenda to address the Board on a special topic. These requests should be made to the Superintendent of Schools at least two weeks prior to the scheduled meeting.
The Board of Education meets the first Wednesday of each month. The public meeting begins at 6:00 pm and includes system recognitions.
Prior to each meeting the Board of Education members meet in closed executive session beginning at 4:30 PM.
Guidelines for speaking during regular monthly board meetings:
We ask all speakers to keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Speakers should sign the roster including their telephone number and address.
- Comments should be limited to 3 minutes in length. Comments longer than 3 minutes should be submitted in writing.
Elected Officials: 5 minutes
- Individuals: 3 minutes
- Questions or statements to the Board should relate to a recent agenda item, an agenda item that is expected to appear in the future, or a matter of general policy over which the Board has authority.
- Please do not discuss items related to negotiations. Those items are to be discussed at the bargaining table.
- This is not the proper venue to address specific student or employee personnel matters, especially those matters on legal appeal to the Board. Comments about the actions or statements of individual staff members are not appropriate for Public Comments and should be referred to the Superintendent of Schools or processed through available channels.
- Citizen participation is not intended to be a question and answer session. If you have specific questions, the Board will make sure an appropriate staff member responds to your questions at a later date. The Board respects your desire and right to convey your message freely but asks as a courtesy to this Board and our citizens that you respect the Boards’ request to refrain from naming citizens and name calling when offering your critique.
- Organizations include: community organizations and the unions