We currently have two DI teams that are registered for the 2017-2018 season! Good luck to these teams and their managers!
Destination Imagination is a competitive, problem-solving event that is held after school. Teams consist of 2 to 7 students.
All MMS students are allowed to participate!
Students will choose from 6 different challenges. The regionals will be held on Saturday, March 3rd, 2018 in Salisbury, Maryland. Students then advance to the States (April 7, 2018) at UMBC and then possibly to the Globals (Nationals) in Tennessee!
1. Maze Craze (Technical)- Design and build a device to navigate a tournament-provided maze.
2. Unlikely Attraction (Scientific)- Explore scientific concepts used in amusement park attractions.
3. Drop Zone (Engineering)- Design, build and test a freestanding structure that can withstand impacts from dropped weights.
4. Change of Tune (Fine Arts)- Create and present a musical that includes a change in plans.
5. Treasure! (Improvisational)- Create and present an improv skit about a quest to return a lost cultural treasure to its owner.
6. Inside Impact (Service Learning)- Identify, design, carry out, and evaluate a project that addresses a need in a real community.
Questions? Contact Mrs. Calloway: email@example.com