The Mission of the PTA
· To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
· To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children;
· To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of the nation.
The Purposes of the PTSA
· To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
· To raise the standards of home life
· To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
· To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
· To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
WELCOME TO CMS PTA:2017-2018 OfficersPresident: Crystal Foster
Vice President: Julie Blanchard
Treasurer: Kyle LeeSecretary: Melissa CumminsFundraiser Chair: Denise MitchellTeacher Appreciation: Hope Hallock & Jennifer LysingerContact the PTA: firstname.lastname@example.orgMeetings for 2017-2018 School Year4:30pm in the CMS Media CenterOctober 18thNovember15thDecember 20thJanuary 17thFebruary 21stMarch 21stApril 18thMay 16th