SCHOOL LIBRARY MEDIA VISION & MISSION
The Queen Anne’s County Public Schools Library Media Program will:
- Reinforce the value of literacy and lifelong learning
- Provide access to information in a variety of formats
- Foster and promote critical and effective use of information and research
- Support and enhance curriculum instruction through resources and collaboration
- Empower students in their academic and personal pursuits
The mission of the Media Program of Queen Anne’s County Public schools is to encourage and support diverse learners to thrive as global citizens through the strategic use of quality resources and informational technology tools.
QA students sweep Conflict Resolution bookmark awards in 2021!
QA students sweep Conflict Resolution bookmark awards in 2020!
View MSDE School Library Media Standards for Learners, Librarians and Libraries
Online Resources to support literacy during COVID-19:
- Black-Eyed Susan 2020 - YouTube read alouds
- Read, Wonder, and Learn! from author Kate Messner
- 100+ Free Video Read Alouds from Indianapolis Public Library
- 59 Audiobooks Read By Your Favorite Celebrities from Penguin Random House
- Author & Illustrator Videos from Librarian Bookends
- Spanish children's stories from The Spanish Experiment
Resources for Families During COVID-19:
- 17 Apps to Help Kids Stay Focused
- Apps That Act Like Math and Science Tutors for Homework Help
- Free Educational Apps, Games, and Websites
- Top Time-Management Apps
Note: These are suggested links provided by MSDE School Library Media Specialists and Supervisors from across the State of Maryland. Please check with your local School Library Media Specialist or Associate by going to their school website for more resources.
Contact: Michael Bell, NBCT
Supervisor of Instruction
Visual and Performing Arts / World Languages / Media
Queen Anne's County Public Schools
202 Chesterfield Ave. Centreville, Maryland 21617
Office: 410.758.2403 #138
Email: email@example.comKimberly Adams
Administrative SecretaryOffice: 410.758.2403 #175Email: firstname.lastname@example.org