To prepare all students to become informed citizens equipped with essential college career and civic knowledge and skills necessary to become productive citizens.
Queen Anne's County Public Schools will provide all students with meaningful and purposeful instruction in the Social Studies that is grounded with rigorous academic standards and content aligned to the Maryland Social Studies standards as well as the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) framework.
District Areas of Support
- Develops, implements, and evaluates social studies curriculum
- Creates and revises benchmark assessments to assess student progress in social studies
- Conducts program and teacher observations, monitors student performance and provides feedback to teachers, principals and the Assistant Superintendent, and serves as a resource for teachers identified as needing performance improvements
- Guides the creation, implementation, and evaluation of professional development activities in social studies
- Implements strategies to promote collaborative planning and support the vertical articulation of the entire social studies curriculum
- Studies, evaluates, and as appropriate, recommends the adoption of textbooks and other materials of instruction
- Promotes robust Advanced Placement social studies programs that feature high student enrollment and high percentages of students scoring 3’s, 4’s, and 5’s on the College Board tests
Mr. Adam Tolley, Supervisor of Instruction(410) 758-2403, Ext. 131
202 Chesterfield Avenue
Centreville, MD 21617Ms. Robin Smith, Admin. Assistant(410) 758-2403, Ext. 186202 Chesterfield Avenue
Centreville, MD 21617