QACPS Student Meals: Community Resources
This page will gather information on QACPS students being provided with meals.
It will also be where you can find out how you may help the process. We have been inundated with offers to help our students eat during this trying time. We truly appreciate your support.
Please Contact Amanda Ensor - amanda.ensor@qacps
or Jeff Straight - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Community Friends,
First and foremost, I want to begin by thanking you for reaching out and offering your support and help. This is an unsettling time for everyone, with so many unknowns, and your gigantic hearts (for thinking of others) are truly appreciated. I have received some IMPORTANT information from the Board of Education and want to provide you with the latest updates. As we know, information is constantly changing. I will do my best to keep you informed as I receive information.
1) The Queen Anne's County Public Schools team is overwhelmingly grateful for the continuous offers they are receiving for volunteers. At this time, we must abide by the regulations of MSDE and other government agencies in terms of guidelines or food-handling regulations. The QAC Department of aging is also experiencing the same problem. As soon as we know more in terms of regulations, etc. we will be sharing them.
2) We have identified additional food sites for possible pickups. They must be approved by MSDE before moving forward. In regards to the current food sites, please spread the word. Electronic communication is not the best form of communication for most of these families. If you know areas where there are needs, please seek out community members who can spread the word by mouth (or text, etc.) The number of food pick-ups has tripled in the last three days and we know will continue to grow the more people are sharing it.
3) We are trying to target our neediest areas and meet state requirements. If you have any additional areas to consider, please send them to Jeff or me and we will do some research.
4) Those of you who have offered monetary donations, here is the information in regards to sending those:
Monetary donations (checks or money orders) can be sent by mail to:
Queen Anne’s County Public Schools
c/o Mr. John Pifster, CFO (C-19 Donation)
2020 Chesterfield Ave.
Centreville, MD. 21617
We sincerely appreciate your generosity.
5) The Backpack program will continue to support local food needs as well. Please reach out to them for possible donations. We can answer individual questions about this.
6) Food Banks are also open at several churches and Haven Ministries. They may need donations. Please call them to find out what items are in great need. They regularly need items such as diapers, feminine products, etc., which I imagine will still be needed during this time.
Haven Ministries Contact Information: 410-739-4363, 410-758-0129, 410-739-7859
Please remember...new needs come up every minute and new questions come along with those needs. If you think of anything or hear of anything else, please let me know and I will do my best to get them addressed and/or answered.
Thank you again for helping. The world needs helpers.
Amanda Ensor email@example.com
Title I Family Engagement Specialist
Queen Anne's County Public Schools
Also, contact Jeff Straight firstname.lastname@example.org