New Important Information Summer 2020:
QACHS UNDERCLASSMEN OBLIGATIONS:
Starting next Monday (June 15) , we will begin collecting textbooks, school materials (such as calculators), athletic uniforms, etc.
- With the exception of the week leading up to the July 4th holiday, boxes will be placed outside the front of the school for students to place their items from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Monday through Thursday.
- Before bringing your items to the school, please place them in a bag with the student’s name clearly written on a piece of paper placed inside the bag to avoid any obligations being charged to your student account.
Student laptops will be collected ONLY if they require repairs. Please see directions below:
Any QACHS student with a school-issued laptop that is damaged and in need of repair can return the device to Queen Anne’s County High School Tuesday, June 16th between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM or Wednesday, June 17th between 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Although loaner laptops are currently not available at this time, QACHS staff will ensure the return of repaired laptops to families in a timely manner.
- Following the June 16th and 17th laptop repair drop-off times, if a device does not work for any reason, please contact the school so alternate drop-off plans can be made.
Procedure for turning in a school-issued laptop needing repair June 16 -17, 2020:
1. Report to the main entrance by the lobby at QACHS during the designated times.
2. A mobile repair form (linked below) needs to be completed. Copies will be available at QACHS if individuals are not able to print this from home.
3. A staff member will take the laptop through the main office window
4. QACHS will contact the student and family once the laptop is repaired and will schedule pick up.
Please only one family at a time at the window and masks should be worn for the laptop exchange.
LAPTOP CHARGERS ARE IN HIGH DEMAND:
If your student has lost his/her laptop charger, replacement chargers can be purchased through outside vendors. (It is important that the replacement be compatible with the laptop.) The Covid-19 pandemic has affected shipping on many items, so please click on the following links to order a replacement charger. As of May 20th, all below links had chargers in stock and ready to ship.
- Amazon Option I
- Amazon Option II
- Amazon Option III
- Dell Option I
- PartsPeople Option I
- PartsPeople Option II