Students and staff members work hard each day to be good CES Cubs! We all follow the school expectations: Caring, Use Safety, Be Responsible, and Show Respect.
CUBS expectations are incorporated into every aspect of our day!
Welcome to Ms. Calloway’s art class!
This year will be filled with art exploration! We will experiment with all kinds of materials, study about many different artists and create beautiful pictures! We will learn about the Elements of Art and Design.
Units of Study
Art Appreciation/ Art History
Materials We Need
The following materials could be donated and would be greatly appreciated!
Clean Greek Yogurt Cups
Black or colored (metallic) Sharpies
Hot glue gun sticks
Cool Art Links
Meet Your Art Teacher
Ms. Calloway’s goal is to share her passion for art with her students and to have them meet her high expectations.
Speech & Language Development
Welcome! I am Belinda Boeshore, A.K.A. “Ms. B.”, the Speech Language Pathologist at CES.
Tips for Speech and Language Development
Articulation: The typical progression of sound development (please keep in mind, we all learn in
different ways and at different rates):
- Producing sounds in isolation
- Producing sounds in the initial position of words, final position of words, medial position of words (in that order)
- Producing sounds in phrases
- Producing sounds in sentences
- Producing sounds in conversational speech/connected speech
To Promote Language Development
- Introduce new vocabulary from books, stories, pictures, family trips
- Use photos from birthdays and/or family trips to form sentences
- Ask questions (who, what, where, when, why, how)
- Encourage the student to slow down and think about their answer
- Encourage the child to take a breath before talking
- Try not to interrupt
- Try not to finish their thoughts for them
- Encourage the student to drink a lot of water
- Not to scream or yell
- Not to speak in silly voices
Overall Communication Development
- Using objects, gestures, pointing, picture symbols, pictures, verbalizations, and/or handover-hand assistance are helpful for children to learn ways to communicate with the world around them
- Model, Model, Model what you want them to learn, say and do! The little ones learn from what they observe and hear!
Meet Your Speech Pathologist
Ms. Boeshore truly enjoys being a Speech Pathologist and helping students!
PFY – After School Program
Partnering for Youth provides academic, enrichment, and recreational activities for students at Queen Anne’s County schools directly after dismissal.